Friday 25 April 2014

Light Bulb Languages

While desperately looking for resources at the beginning of my primary teaching career 5 years ago, I came across the MFL Sunderland site. I was amazed at the wide range of resources and links it was offering for free! PowerPoints, quizzes, word searches and schemes  of work in one place. I got updates on Twitter about new resources so I just lived my life knowing that in every single topic I teach, there would be loads of support and fun material on the MFL Sunderland website.
Then on a dark day, a tweet announced the end of the MFL Sunderland website!


My heart stopped for a minute, my face turned pale, I started to shake, and got into a state of panic because I wanted to save and copy all the files from it before it would disappear. I felt frustrated that such an amazing site would close down so I was very happy and relieved when a bit later another tweet confirmed that it would come back under a different name....
 
And soon Light Bulb Languages opened its doors:-)

 

 
 
 
I love the site, because it is very clearly structured, and it is so easy to find what I need!

My favourite parts are:
  • the Primary Spanish links where you can find schemes of work, flashcards, assessment sheets, PowerPoints, games, puzzles and so many more things in a wide range of topics: numbers, days, animals, transport, weather, places in town, telling the time, etc...
  • the Intercultural Understanding links in the section quoted above
  • the transition links from KS2 to KS3,
  • the site's own blog  where I can find out about the latest updates and more teaching ideas (great World Cup activities!)
  • and of course the World Cup ideas!!!
Apart from Spanish, there are loads of materials in French, German and Italian for KS2, KS3, KS4 and A level, too.
 
You can follow @LightBulbLangs on Twitter for regular updates.

Please visit the the site if you haven't been there yet, you will love it! I am wishing you lots of light bulb moments of inspiration!:-)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment