Tuesday 28 January 2014

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day
 
This post is a bit early, but we have penpals in Spain and we had to write our cards today so that they would arrive on time...and on my lunch break I found these novelty sunglasses in the charity shop:-).We will take pictures with these on and send a video message on the 14th of February. How exciting!
 
 
 
My Spanish teacher friend, Natalia (mi alma gemela:-) sent me some ideas last week, and I immediately fell in love with some butterflies with lollipop heads. I bought a bag of Chupa Chups in Home bargains (25 for a £1, bargain!) and took them into class today. Long long ago in my teacher training days I found out that the logo was designed by Salvador Dalí and that the company was founded in Spain. What a great chance to find out about a famous Spanish artist! 
 
 
It took about 15 minutes to make the butterflies. The pupils wrote simple messages on them in English, and we will receive some cards written in Spanish. I downloaded the template from here: http://www.dagmarbleasdale.com/2012/01/10-cute-and-easy-valentines-day-cards-and-crafts-for-kids/kids-valentines-day-craft-butterfly-with-lollipop/#comment-48725 
The original idea is from http://www.skiptomylou.org.
 
 
 
On Valentine's Day we will listen to "Hay un amigo en mí" from Toy Story 3. I don't remember where I read this idea but I am very grateful to whoever recommended it because we all love this song, it is very simple and catchy.
 
Hay un amigo en mí
Cuando salgan a volar
Hay un amigo en mí
Sí, un amigo en mí
Hay un amigo en mí!
 
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea - the butterflies - and what smiley faces when they receive them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am sure they will be pleased, sweets make all kids happy no matter what country they are from:-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen, they are easy to make, try them:-)

      Delete
  3. Simple yet lovely ideas, very effective and fun! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fatima, the children loved making them:-) It is nice to see how happy they are when they get a parcel from Spain but they are even more excited when they are making them a gift and thinking about their friends' reactions!

      Delete
  4. You made them! And they turned out wonderful. Thanks for mentioning my blog!

    Dagmar
    Dagmar's Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dagmar, your blog is fantastic, I could spend the rest of my life making everything you have put on there:-) As you can see we didn't have the time to glue the eyes on the lollipops, but they look just as nice this way... Next year I will be more organised! Thank you again:-) Erzsi

      Delete